Tuition & Costs
The University of Texas at Austin is annually recognized as one of the best values in higher education by national publications that evaluate academic quality and cost.
- Forbes named us one of its 2017 Best Value Colleges. So did Kiplinger.
- The Princeton Review included us on its 2017 list of Colleges That Pay You Back, which examines return on investment, affordability and career prospects.
- Emerging and Times Higher Education named us to their list of schools producing the world’s most employable grads (2016).
Flat-rate tuition—which includes all academic program costs—is assessed each semester by college or program, resident status and hours enrolled, with summer tuition discounted 15 percent from the fall/spring rate. Calculate tuition rates and learn about payment and exemption options on the university’s tuition site.
Current Tuition Rates
- Undergraduate Traditional Tuition
- Undergraduate Longhorn Fixed Tuition
- Graduate Tuition
- Professional School Tuition, excluding law and medical schools
- Law School Tuition
- Dell Medical School Tuition
Students may also elect to participate in the Longhorn Fixed Tuition program.
Cost of Attendance
Cost of attendance, a term defined by Congress, is the average cost to attend a college or university for one academic year—the fall and spring semesters. It includes tuition and an estimate of average costs for books and supplies, room and board, transportation and personal expenses.