You may be eligible for readmission and should complete a readmission application if:
- You were previously enrolled as an undergraduate student at UT Austin.
- You are ready to return after an interruption of at least one fall or spring semester.
Notice for Students Who Withdrew Due to U.S. Military Service
If you withdrew from the University in order to perform active military service, you will be readmitted for any semester or summer session that begins within a year after your release from active service. You are not required to apply for readmission or pay an application fee, but you must be eligible to register for classes the semester or summer session for which readmission is requested. If you are planning to return to the University, complete and submit the Notification of Intent to Re-Enroll.
If it has been longer than a year after your release from active service, complete a readmission application.
Notice for Former CAP, PACE, UTeach Access or Transient Students
Readmission is not an option for the following students:
- Former students of Coordinated Admission Program (CAP), Path to Admission Through Co-Enrollment (PACE) and UTeach who did not successfully complete the programs or did not immediately enroll after program completion.
- Students previously admitted on a transient basis.
Instead, these students should apply for transfer admission.
- Application OpensAugust 1
- Application Deadline for Summer EnrollmentMay 1
- Application Deadline for Fall EnrollmentJuly 1
- Application OpensLate January
- Application DeadlineDecember 1
To be considered, submit the following:
The Online Application
Like other Texas public universities, we use the ApplyTexas application for readmission. For summer/fall enrollment, the application opens August 1. For spring, the application opens in late January.
After you submit your ApplyTexas application, you’ll receive an email from us that includes your UT EID, allowing you to access MyStatus. During peak periods, this can take 2-3 days.
Updating Your Major
To pursue a different major, apply for readmission, then follow the procedure for major changes established by the college or school in which you’re interested.
Your Application Fee
Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee when you submit your ApplyTexas application. Fee waivers are available. Request a fee waiver by using the Document Upload System to submit a copy of your most recent financial aid award letter or income tax return.
Your College Transcripts
Send us official transcripts documenting all coursework you have attempted at any college or university since leaving UT Austin. Your transcripts must reflect a GPA of at least 2.50 on a 4.00 scale (a 2.0 if you’ve taken only one course) on all transferable coursework taken since leaving UT Austin.
Track Your Status
Monitor MyStatus for information about the status of your application.