Longhorns have access to career resources, programs and services for support throughout their college experience and into your professional career. UT career professionals offer expert guidance for students in any stage of career development, from exploring potential career pathways to participating in experiential learning and professional development, and from connecting with employers to researching graduate and professional advanced degree programs.
No matter your future goals, we’re here to help you succeed beyond the Forty Acres.
Get Career Advice from the Experts
Longhorns have access to UT career coaches who can help explore career options for your major, connect with an internship or job, tailor your resume and nail your interview. Specialized advising is also available for students pursuing graduate and pre-professional degree programs – including law and medical school.
Career Services for Underrepresented Groups
Texas Career Engagement (TCE) offers identity-centered career education as well as programming and services designed to increase access to career development for all UT Austin students. Students who wish to explore career topics through the lens of identity (e.g., ethnicity, cultural identity, first-generation status, veteran status, disability status, LGBTQIA+ status, etc.) can meet with a TCE career education specialist, regardless of major or class year.
Career Resources Available to all Longhorns
The university offers a number of opportunities specific to and tailored for the Longhorn community, including:
- Professional skill development and industry-recognized skill certifications to complement competencies gained in the classroom.
- Academic minors, certificates and programs that train students on the practical applications of coursework.
- Scholarships, grants and stipends to support research, international experiences and unpaid internships.
- Career exploration, career development and internship courses offering career curriculum at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Connections to hundreds of job and internship postings with local to global employers.
- Texas-based programs, such as Home to Texas, Archer Fellowship, Texas Politics Project and more.
An Ideal Location for Career Development
Central Texas offers students a diverse and dynamic ecosystem for research, professional development and career success. Students connecting with industry in Austin and Central Texas have access to the #1 fastest growing job market in the country and a booming innovation hub. Students interested in public service can tap into hundreds of local, state and federal government offices, agencies and organizations. And as a flagship research institution, UT Austin offers world-class research and campus experiences.