You are here

CAP and Financial Aid

Participating UT System schools establish their own policies for determining financial aid and scholarship eligibility for CAP students.

If you applied for financial aid at UT Austin but will attend another UT System school as part of CAP, you must send your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information to that university. This will enable the other UT System school to have access to your financial aid information.

If you have not sent the FAFSA to your selected university, you may do so in several ways:

  • Online: Visit FAFSA and select the Returning User login. (You will need an FSA ID and password to access and update your information.) Once you have successfully logged in, choose the Make FAFSA Corrections option and add the school using its federal school code.
  • Paper Student Aid Report (SAR): If you have your paper SAR, add your university’s school code to the section where you can make updates/corrections. Sign the report and return it to the address indicated for corrections.
  • Phone Correction: Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-433-3243. You will need the Data Release Number (DRN) printed on your SAR to make the correction by phone.

Once you add the school code of your UT System school to the FAFSA, the financial aid office at your selected university will receive the FAFSA information and begin reviewing your aid application. If additional information is required, the school's financial aid office will contact you directly.