Rankings and Recognition
The University of Texas at Austin is one of the world’s leading universities, recognized for our diverse contributions to research, higher education, business, the arts and more. You’ll find us well-represented in rankings that identify leadership in academic achievement, affordability and student satisfaction.
- Top 20 U.S. public university, U.S. News & World Report
- Top 30 global university, U.S. News & World Report
- Four schools and more than 50 programs among the nation’s best, U.S. News & World Report
- Best Value College, Kiplinger, Money, Forbes
- World’s most employable graduates, Global Employability University Ranking
- #14 affordable college with highest return on investment, Affordable Colleges
- #6 graduates earning highest starting salaries, CBS MoneyWatch
- #2 in the nation for students studying abroad, Institute of International Education
- One of the healthiest colleges in the U.S., Greatist
- #9 happiest college in the U.S., Daily Beast
College, School and Program Highlights
The University of Texas at Austin offers more than 170 fields of study across 13 undergraduate colleges and schools. Explore just some of the rankings and recognition our programs have received:
#6 Business, #1 Accounting, #5 Finance and #5 Marketing undergraduate programs
Learn more about undergraduate majors in McCombs.
See complete rankings for the Moody College of Communication.
Learn about undergraduate education programs.
See all rankings for the Cockrell School of Engineering.
See the degrees offered by the Jackson School of Geosciences.
Many programs—including English, psychology, sociology and history—ranked in the top 20 nationwide
Explore 40 majors and extensive specializations in the College of Liberal Arts.
Read about undergraduate majors and degrees in the College of Natural Sciences.
Learn about the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program in the School of Nursing.
Learn about the programs in the College of Pharmacy.
Learn more about the School of Social Work’s Bachelor of Social Work program.