Welcome to Longhorn Nation, we're so glad you're interested in getting to know us and encourage you to visit us virtually.

Apply Virtual Sessions Join Our Mailing List COVID-19 Updates

You are here

Applying for Admission Checklist

If you have already started your post-secondary studies at another college or university after graduating from high school or earning a GED, and have or will have earned 24 semester hours of required transferable coursework at another college or university, apply for transfer admission.

To be considered, submit the following:

The online application

Transfer applicants can submit either the ApplyTexas application or the Coalition for College application. Use it to report your complete academic record.

More Information

Your application fee

Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee—$90 for international applicants—when you submit your ApplyTexas or Coalition for College application. Fee waivers are available.

More Information

Two essays

Along with your ApplyTexas application or Coalition for College application, submit at least two essays. 

More Information

Your college transcript(s)

Send us official transcript(s) documenting all coursework you have attempted at any college or university. International students should review the requirements on the “International Applicants” tab below.

More Information

Your high school transcript

If applicable, send us a high school transcript. International students should review the requirements on the “Applicability” tab below.

More Information


Submit an expanded résumé offering additional information about your achievements.

More Information

Major-specific items

In addition to reviewing the prerequisites, submit any additional items required by the majors you’ve selected as your first and second choices.

More Information

Letter(s) of recommendation

Ask someone who knows you well to write a letter about your character and accomplishments. Letters of recommendation are appreciated but not required.

More Information

Test scores demonstrating English proficiency

If you are an international applicant, ask testing agencies to send official reports of scores you earned on the TOEFL or IELTS exams.

More Information

Permanent resident card

If applicable, provide a copy of your permanent resident card. 

More Information

Residency affidavit

If applicable, submit the residency affidavit.

More Information

Track Your Status

Track the completion of your application in MyStatus—see the Admission tab.