You are here

Special Programs

Many of our majors offer options or specializations. For example, everyone applying to the McCombs School of Business applies as an “undeclared” business major. Only after enrolling do business students pick a specific undergraduate major.

But certain fields of study require separate or delayed application, including:

Athletic Training and Sport Management

Students interested in Sport Management enter as Kinesiology and Health in the College of Education: Physical Culture and Sports majors.

After completing a series of courses, students may apply for admission into the professional programs.


Freshman students who wish to major in the College of Liberal Arts’ Humanities major enter the university in the Undeclared major option, then later apply to Humanities. The process involves designing a course of study, documenting interests and meeting with an advisor.


Admission to the College of Pharmacy is a two-step process. To be considered, you must first be admitted to and enroll in a related major in, for example, the College of Natural Sciences. After completing initial studies in your selected major in your pre-pharmacy college, you will be able to apply to a professional program in the College of Pharmacy.

Students applying for admission to the PharmD program after beginning their undergraduate coursework at another college or university do not need to complete the admissions application or apply for undergraduate transfer admission. Instead, visit the College of Pharmacy’s website for application instructions.

Social Work

Students admitted to the Steve Hicks School of Social Work enter as Pre-Social Work majors. After completing prerequisite courses, they are eligible to apply for admission to the Bachelor of Social Work program.

Teacher Certification (Transfer Applicants)

In addition to applying for transfer admission to the university, transfer applicants interested in a teacher certification professional development sequence must complete a separate application.

For information, contact the College of Education.