Some majors in the following Schools and Colleges require that you meet a calculus readiness requirement in order to be considered for admission.
- Cockrell School of Engineering: All majors
- College of Liberal Arts: Environmental Science (Geographical Sciences)
- College of Natural Sciences: Environmental Science (Biological Sciences)
- Jackson School of Geosciences: All majors
Freshman applicants can show calculus readiness by submitting one of the following by the applicable admissions deadline:
- SAT Math score of 620 or above (test must be taken in March 2016 or later)*
- ACT Math score of 26 or above*
- Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus AB or BC test score of 3 or higher
- International Baccalaureate (IB) HL or SL Mathematics score of 4 or higher
- Official college or university transcript showing credit for a college-level Calculus I (or higher) course with a grade of B or higher
- Official high school transcript showing credit for a Calculus I (or higher) course with a grade of B or higher
*Note for freshman applicants for Fall 2023 not submitting the SAT or ACT: Additional tests may be required to ensure students receive adequate academic support services, especially in math-intensive majors. Students will be contacted if there are additional testing requirements.