You are here

Automatic Transfer Admission

Some students who graduate from Texas high schools qualify for automatic transfer admission.

To be eligible, you must:

  • Have graduated from high school in 2008 or later
  • Qualify based on Texas law for automatic freshman admission to a Texas university
  • Enroll at a Texas community or junior college after you graduate from high school
  • Complete the core curriculum at a Texas public junior college or other Texas public or private lower-division institution of higher education
  • Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a four-point scale (or the equivalent)
  • Apply for transfer admission to a term no later than four years after the academic year (e.g. 2014-15) in which you graduated from high school

Even applications from those who are automatically admissible are subject to holistic review to determine the major to which the applicant will be admitted.

Requesting Automatic Transfer Admission

If you want to be considered for automatic transfer admission, check the box on the ApplyTexas application to indicate that you believe you qualify. In addition to the regular application requirements, you must submit:

After you apply, refer to MyStatus for additional details about your automatic transfer admission status.